2017/04/04

My favourite dish at the moment (with recipe)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I made this yesterday and it was so delicious that I made it again today. And when I had scooped up food on the plate I thought Maybe I should blog about this, so here is a kind-of-recipe:

No Name Lunch (the batch I made is enough for 2 people)

Cook your favourite rice, I had thai jasmine at home.

While cooking the rice, do this:
Chop white cabbage
Chop leek
Fry in a pan with some neutral oil.

While frying, do this:
Chop garlic (2-3 cloves)
Grind ginger (thumb sice)
Put in a bowl together with:
1-2 teaspoons of honey
1 deciliter of soy (I use Yamasa, my favourite)
Chili flakes
& stir it to a sauce.

Pour the sauce into the pan with the cabbage and leek. Pour some water in as well, I think I ended up pouring about 2 deciliters. Throw in some seaweed and let everything simmer until the rice is ready.

Put everything on a plate and sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds and spring onions wherever you want it. If you want some extra spiciness, put some sambal oelek on the side (the red thing).

EAT!
By the way, it's vegan.

(I imagine it goes very well with tofu or salmon or beef or chicken and so on, too)

6 comments:

  1. That Looks delicious! Thanks - now I know what's for lunch tomorrowšŸµ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia, hope you will like it! :)
      Guten Appetit!

      Delete
  2. I cook something similar, but adding shiitake mushrooms instead of seaweed. Your version looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really delicious, too! Have to try as I love mushrooms :)

      Delete
    2. I think we have quite a similar taste in food ;)

      Delete

Hi, welcome!
If you have a question, please have a look at my FAQ-page.